Thursday, July 29, 2010

Weight is Just a Number…. Or Is It?

I’m reaching the end of Week 25 of my pregnancy. Another week to go and I’d complete my second trimester. It’s pretty scary how fast time flies!

I’m really going into unchartered territories where my weight is concerned. I’ve always been light, at one point in my 20s I was 47kg! (Seriously underweight, I know!) At my peak, I was 53kg. So now, it freaks me to see the weighing scale reaching numbers I’ve never seen before on my scale! I was hovering at 58kg and 59kg for the past 1 week, and this morning when I stepped on it – lo and behold, I am at 60kg! I know that all this weight is because of my pregnancy, but it’s scary nonetheless. I don’t loose weight very easily normally!

I also FEEL big. I feel like I’m waddling when I walk. I walk super slow going up the stairs in my house that I really feel like an OLD lady! The belly has gotten bigger, much bigger, over the past few weeks. If the extra weight is going to my baby, then I don’t mind, but I feel like it’s my body storing the extra fat!

I have a constant pain just below the breast at my ribs. I think it’s cos the belly below is expanding. Times like this is when I wish that it’s already near delivery date for me! My backache is still there, and I used to feel better when I lie flat, but now I’m advised that I shouldn’t be lying flat on my back – so there’s really no solution for me right now!

Hubby & I have signed up for antenatal classes at SJMC (oh now it’s SDMC), we’ll be starting on 14/8. I’m looking forward to it, cos I foresee myself suffering with back pain etc during delivery that I might need all the extra help I can get – so it’s hubby’s job to remember how to breathe properly and coach me! :-)

Will be starting our shopping for baby stuff real soon. Well we better – time’s running out, and so’s my energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment