Sunday, July 4, 2010

Halfway Mark

I’ve already crossed Week 20. I’m halfway there. Glass half empty or half full – I can either say “I’ve another half of the pregnancy to go”, or I can say “half of my pregnancy has passed by”!

I’ve put on weight. Much more in the past 1 month than I had in the first few months. Saw this statement in the weekly BabyCenter update: “Think you're big now? You'll start growing even faster in the weeks to come.”

Man, that’s freaky. I’m tipping the scales to weights I’ve never reached before, ever. And what’s scary is, for every kg I put on now, it’s a kg I have to lose after delivery! Well I have to lose it. I have a closet full of clothes that I can’t wear now, and I’ll be so sad if I never wear them again! Have packed away most of those clothes to make way for my “new” clothes.

I’m doing ok right now, have my energy back but am plagued by backache. It gets really bad at times that I have to lie down on the sofa when watching tv, And after some time, the tv watches me, cos I fall asleep! Not good, cos it’s World Cup time and I wanna watch the important games.

I found out I was pregnant in early March. So, it’s been 4 months since we found out. (Well you can’t really count the first month of pregnancy since they count it from LMP.) And from now to my due date, it’s another 4 months to go! Literally the half way mark now.

Am getting a little worried as to how fast time is passing by. We have so much to do and I feel like we don’t have much time. I’ve signed up for antenatal classes at SJMC, the classes are in 4 sessions spread over August and September. And I also have my Valaikaapu ceremony (bangle ceremony – for the expecting mum and baby) in August. I plan to go back sometime mid October. That really doesn’t give us much time to shop for baby. Have told hubby that we need to window shop first so we know where to go to get the stuff later. Hope to drag him out one of the weekends for the shopping. Have bought some clothes from Sogo, just a few pieces only, so that my boy has some blue clothes. Somehow need to ensure we maximize the weekends we have in KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment