Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pregnancy & Perks

I still can’t believe that I’m pregnant. On a daily basis, hubby asks me, “How are you?”
I know he means well, and he wants to be part of the pregnancy. But the truth is, I don’t quite feel pregnant yet. I just keep thinking about how big I will become, how my office clothes won’t fit me anymore in a few months’ time, and I won’t be able to wear my favourite jeans also by then! I’m thinking about how I will look when I come in to office, will I be waddling like a duck? Also, what if I get really bad morning sickness and have to stay in the bathroom half the day? I’ll surely get a bad reputation at work!

Well, based on the calculations, I’m 5 weeks pregnant. Well today should be 5 weeks and a few days. I’m a little confused as to what I should be reading – should I refer to articles about being 5 weeks pregnant, or since I’ll be getting into the 6th week, should I look at 6 weeks instead?

Symptoms – there was a time I was hoping for symptoms to give me a clue as to whether I’m pregnant or not. But now, I don’t have many symptoms yet. Some say the nausea will only kick in around 7 to 8 weeks. (Again, do I cross 7 weeks before I look out for it, or should it be from the week I will become 7 weeks pregnant?) In any case, a check with the doctors soon will help to ease my mind as I’m getting a little worried…

Anyway being pregnant has its slight perks. The other day I found a lizard in my bathroom; it came in through the open bathroom window. The 2 things I despise, am afraid of and don’t wanna see are cockroaches and lizards! I was about to take my bath when I saw the lizard running across the ceiling. So I called out to hubby. He comes up with the big brush meant for washing the bathroom, and spends the next 10 mins knocking on the ceiling and walls trying to get the lizard to run out of the bathroom window! He looked like a shepherd trying to get his sheep into line, or someone doing a tribal dance! You think it worked? As if!! After 10 mins and a few times of losing sight of the lizard (followed by more banging of the brush to “scare” it out of hiding), I tell hubby that I’m not gonna shower in there til he gets rid of it. So hubby, who hates killing anything even insects and spiders, had no choice but to kill the lizard. He apologized to the lizard before doing it. I didn’t wanna see how he did it, I just wanted it gone.

I do feel bad, but hey, I am afraid of them. Last thing I want is for it to fall on me when I’m in the shower. So for now, the bathroom windows are shut tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment