Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Day We Found Out

Never did I imagine that the day I find out I’m pregnant can be so out-of-ordinary!

We’ve been trying for awhile, and thanks to the new things in the market, you can now pinpoint almost exactly when ovulation takes place. So, counting from that, I knew when I was supposed to get my period. Yet, I was afraid to test early. Maybe it was the fear of seeing only one line again. Have done it before -- period is late, buy a HPT, take the test, it turns out negative, and the very next day I get my period! So if I’m late and I want my period to come, I just need to take a HPT!

Given that, I was afraid to test. I told myself earlier on after doing all the calculations that I will test on Wednesday 3/3, though I was itching to test from Monday. And then what happens? Hubby gets admitted to Pantai Hospital on Tuesday cos he had spontaneous pneumothorax! I spent Tuesday night alone at home. A friend told me to monitor my Basal Body Temperature, and that the day it drops below the coverline, it means I’ll get my period. So I checked on Monday – high; Tuesday – high; Wednesday – still high. So on Wed morning I decided to brave it and do the test. Lo and behold, 2 lines appeared! I was seriously relieved that I starting tearing. (Hormones playing a part here?)

So, I took a picture of the test kit (though it was a cheapo test) to show hubby. I went to the hospital early in the morning, and showed him the pic in my phone.
Hubby: “What’s this?”
Me: “Guess…”
Hubby: “You’re pregnant ah???” with shock that quickly turned to joy.

And how did we spend the rest of the day? At the hospital!! Luckily, hubby got discharged that day. He insisted I buy another test for him to see the results (I threw away the first one after testing), so I bought Clearblue that cost RM21!! Did the test on Thursday morning and showed him the Positive sign. (Clearblue is innovative -- instead of checking if you got 1 or 2 lines, it shows a “+” or “-“ sign.)

Finally, I got my BFP!!!

(Note: BFP is Big Fat Positive. Terms that those who TTC will know as they're all waiting for it... And oh, TTC is Trying To Conceive!)
*grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment