Monday, March 15, 2010

DULL

Today I feel Dull, with a capital D. Just plain dull. I wonder -- they say pregnant women feel lethargic. It’s because we cannot drink coffee!! I think I really need a good cup of steaming hot coffee now. But, I can’t drink it, and I won’t. So, I’ll just remain dull for the rest of the day, and maybe for the next one year plus!!

Went for a checkup last Saturday. I was so hoping the doctor will do a vaginal ultrasound to detect heartbeat. But she didn’t. She did abdominal ultrasound though and confirmed that there is an intra-uterine sac, a.k.a pregnancy sac. Then she told me, “Now we just need to see if the pregnancy is viable… Come back to see me in 2 weeks.”

Man, that’s very stressful. I wonder how some people have the confidence to announce that they are pregnant with just a HPT done. I really wanted a US done as soon as I knew I was pregnant, but none was done for me yet. I feared ectopic pregnancy, but luckily the scan on Sat showed that it’s at the right place. Now I really want to hear the heart beat. Until then, I can’t sleep in peace. I’m having weird dreams; I keep waking up in the middle of the night, etc. I need some reassurance that the baby’s ok.

I read up that an abdominal ultrasound normally shows the heartbeat only at 7-8 weeks of pregnancy. A vaginal ultrasound however can show you the heartbeat (or flutter) at about 5-6 weeks. I am 6 weeks now… So am going to see another doctor in the middle of this week, and really hope the ultrasound will show us something positive.

Til then, I think I’m gonna have some more Milo and just get more sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment