Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shopping

I complained about not finding proper maternity clothes, so I decided to ask my friend (a mother of 2) where she purchased her work clothes during her pregnancy. She recommended me this shop, 9months, which she went to in Jusco Bukit Tinggi Klang. So I did some googling and found out that they have an outlet in The Curve also. Since I was planning to go to The Curve over the weekend, I decided to check it out.

I love the shop!! I fell in love with their clothes, their selections etc. But they are PRICEY!  I found work pants that fit me nicely. They had the type with the elastic extender at the side, or those with the small pouch at the top (called demi pouch). However, what makes them special is the material is really good quality material, the pants have real zips and pockets (and not some just for show), and it is slim cutting and not too baggy. The price? RM160! I have said that I’m willing to pay if it is really nice, and this was really nice. However, I did feel the pinch of paying RM320 (I bought 2 pairs – same design but in black and grey) for just 2 pairs of pants that I’ll wear for just a few months. Anyway, they made me feel good, and that’s what’s important. It’s hard feeling good during pregnancy if u don’t look good.

I also fell in love with their jeans, but it cost RM170, and hubby convinced me not to get it. I do see his point, as I can’t wear jeans to office, so it’s a waste spending that much on something that’s gonna be used just on weekends, when I already have some other skirts and pants for weekend wear. But still, *sigh*… It’s nice if I have unlimited amount of cash to spend!

We saw this stall at The Curve Street Market, selling the cutest baby clothes. It’s call “My Mini Closet” and it carries mostly rompers from Carters. We saw one which said “Lock Up Your Daughter” – hubby was very interested in getting it. Told him we will if our baby is a boy. Also saw a bib that said “Feed Me Or No One Sleeps”. Am gonna get that next time. Can’t wait to shop for my baby. I don’t quite know when to start. Some advise not to buy too early. I know I shouldn’t buy too many baby clothes as I can take those from my niece. But baby clothes are SO adorable; I can’t wait to buy a few!

We made a trip to MidValley on Sunday, and I went to Mothercare to get my Belly Belt (yes it has arrived!) Probably I shouldn’t have since I already bought work pants, but I got it nonetheless. It works fine, except my pants are a little tight around the thighs. Not sure if I will use it now or just wait until after delivery (when I am trying to lose weight).

While at Mothercare, I saw so many adorable things for baby’s nursery – the cots, quilts, blankets etc. But they are not cheap! Again, good if I have unlimited budget. Knowing hubby, we’ll end up buying practical items and not much on every whim and fancy I have…

I gotta start doing up my baby shopping list soon. Time to hit the stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment