Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Depressed

Pregnancy is already a difficult time for the mum-to-be, and it sometimes just gets worse! I’m 4 months now, and my clothes are getting too tight. I’m the kind who just loves fitting clothes, so I can kiss them goodbye for now. The shirts that I used to wear (size S mostly) just wraps around the belly snugly, even more after lunch. And the pants – I have to open the button while sitting down!

So I decided that its time to shop for clothes. I checked out on some forums, most people advise to buy normal clothes / babydoll tops in bigger sizes. I did just that. I got a few baby T’s from Hush Puppies as “weekend clothes”. I also managed to get some Padini tops in bigger sizes (I’m now a size L!). And then came the prob of looking for pants. For both weekends and for work.

I can still fit into my jeans since it’s stretchable, but I don’t think it’s advisable to keep wearing them as they do get a little tight around the waist. Lucky for me, Sogo was having Padini Clothings sale recently, and I managed to get a denim skirt and a Capri pants from Miki Maternity – at RM19 each! Those were a real steal! They are the kind that go under the belly, with the extendable portion at the pockets, so they don’t have the “pouch”-like thingy to go over the belly. I really prefer this type of pants as I don’t fancy the pouch, cos you have to wear long tops with them.

So now, I had to look for office wear. Unfortunately for me, I have to wear semi formal clothes to work. I checked out Sogo first (since my office is just next to Sogo) – nothing nice there. Most of them are big and they have HUGE pouches over the belly. So I went to Midvalley over the weekend, thinking that they may have more options as they have some shops selling maternity clothes.

Sigh, it was really depressing, I couldn’t find anything nice, anything stylish, etc. The maternity clothes options in Malaysia just makes me depressed! And they are terribly expensive! I don’t mind buying something expensive if it is nice and will last long, but then again I don’t intend to wear these maternity clothes for very long. No doubt, I still need to wear them for sometime after I deliver, but still, I don’t think its worth paying RM150 – RM190 for a simple pants.

Finally bought 1 black pants (not really slacks material) from Mother Care. Size M was a little fitting around the thighs, so the salesgirl and hubby told me to take size L so that I have room to “grow”. Wore it for the first time today – and I am depressed!! I feel I look big and ugly in it. Really big and bulky! The pants is loose. It won’t go wt any just nice fitting tops. I need to wear equally loose tops to hide the baggy pants. To console me, hubby said “It’s ok, it’s like hip hop fashion, baggy pants!!” Man, that sure does help!!

So, I am in a depressed mood today, and totally have no clue what to wear to work tomorrow, or for the rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment